Monday, July 19, 2010

More Vienna Pictures - from Alison!

Here are some more pictures from the trip, this time with pictures of me too!
This is from the first night of the trip. Notice the size of the food on my plate. Wayyyyyyyy too much.
View of the Vienna Skyline from the Ferris Wheel we were on. I think that's St. Stephen's Church.
Oooo from the Art Museum that looked like a castle! This Roman bust just said 'Julia' on it. And then some things in German. But, it's me!
Picture of a pretty building next to the Albertina. This is from when we got lost in all the pretty buildings and couldn't find the Hofburg palace.
When we were walking around, we found this stuffed animal store! I had seen this brand before when I was in Rothenburg - apparently they're really famous. The company is called Steiff. Oh - according to Wikipedia, they were the first company to manufacture stuffed animals. The important point here, though, is that they had a ginormous bear outside the store:
My new friend the giant bear!
Alison and the Giant Bear!
Alison snook a picture of the Marionette Theatre stage.
Ice cream after the Marionette Show. I got 'pizza ice' See! It looks like a pizza! But there's a watermelon on top!
And Alison got spaghetti ice. She had never heard of it before, so it was a top priority for the weekend to find her some.

The Vienna Opera Haus. We think
And, lastly, Alison and I at the Imperial Gardens at the Schonbrunn Palace.
And me at the palace!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia!

    Beautiful pictures....thank you Alison for the new pictures. Julia -- I am so sorry you had a deprived childhood and never heard of Steiff teddy bears....they sell them in fancy stores in the USA. Well, at least you had Beanie Babies!!! I'm so happy you got to see beautiful Vienna....I hope to go one day...and I'll take you to be my guide! love, Mom

    ReplyDelete