Tuesday, June 15, 2010

German Candy, Part 1

First of all, my camera really doesn't like to focus on things that aren't faces, so I apologize for the picture quality. I will now document my adventures going through that huge pile of candy Verena gave me.

1) Giotto.



These are really tasty - little wafer balls full of hazelnut cream and coated in little nuts. Basically everything here is hazelnut flavored, it seems, which is great with me :) 9 of the little balls come in a package, and it's hard to not eat them all at once.

2) Milch-Schnitte



So I thought this would taste like an ice cream sandwich, because it looks exactly like an ice cream sandwich. Except what would be the chocolate cookie part was like honey oat flavored? And the vanilla ice cream was actually more like marshmallow fluff. It was good, but not as sweet as I expected it to be, so a little sad.

3) Hanuta



This is definitely my new favorite candy. Wafers with hazelnut cream- yummmmy. I may buy a huge amount of these over the next 8 weeks...

4) Brause-Brocken



These are kind of like pop rocks... but not as violently fizzy. I'm more of a chocolate candy person, but these are fun... I've only tried the lemon flavor so far.

5) Spaghetti Ice Cream!



I got this at the cafe outside the cathedral on Sunday. So, technically not part of my candy adventure, but it was extremely tasty, and looked like spaghetti. The other exciting part is that there were 4 different types of spaghettis you could get - one was chocolate. I'll be going back there... :)

4 comments:

  1. Now I hope to post a comment in your blogg.
    Looks this past weekend was very good (candy,
    FIFA and others) Keep posting it looks you are doing great. Love, Tio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will see today Mexico vs Francia at 14:00 hours. Go Mexico..........Tio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today Germany lost at Sudafrica, SORRY.
    Tio

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "Spaghetti Ice Cream!...... and any other German Candy. Tio

    ReplyDelete